Without a doubt, Americans love eating, and few ingredients are more versatile in American cuisine than butter. It’s the main element in many recipes like that of most baked goods. In addition, we can use it to improve foods we love, such as steaks and toast. Despite being essential in so many dishes, no one can argue that having too much butter is harmful. However, with cannabis butter aka Cannabutter, you can harness benefits from doing so.
Premium Cannabutter Aka Cannabis Butter
Many people need to consume cannabis for health reasons but don’t. Due to the smoke and the earthy taste of most strains are too much for many. However, weed butter or cannabis butter is a great way to incorporate cannabis into your life. Including it provides all the benefits of cannabis and will disguise the flavor too.
Therefore, if you want to learn how to do it, read our cannabutter recipe. We’ll explain how to make Cannabutter step by step!
Ingredients and Equipment You Need to Make Premium Cannabutter
If you’re here, you’re probably anxious to make your pot butter. So, let’s go straight to the point! To begin with, we must prepare everything we’ll be using to make Cannabutter. For the Equipment, you require an immersion stick circulator. You also must have a vacuum sealer and a vacuum-sealable bag. Finally, you’ll also need a herb grinder.
As for the ingredients, you’ll need ½ pound of unsalted butter and ⅛ ounce of cannabis flower. Lastly, our recipe requires 3 tablespoons of distilled water.
How to Make Cannabis-Infused Butter
Before making cannabutter, we first must “activate” cannabis. There are different ways of doing so. The traditional decarbing method used the oven to heat the buds for around 2 to 3 hours. However, this method may “destroy flavor and lead to bitterness.” Nonetheless, here we’ll be using the sous-vide technique, which preserves the floral compounds. In turn, this prevents bitterness.
Best Ways to Make Cannabutter
Now that you’ve gathered everything you need to make your marijuana butter let’s look at the steps.
- Grind the cannabis into small pieces, set the immersion circulator to 200ºF, and place it inside a saucepan filled with water.
- Place the cannabis in the bag and add the 3 tablespoons of distilled water. Use the vacuum sealer to seal the bag completely.
- Once the circulator reaches 200ºF, place the bag in the water and decarb the cannabis for 30 minutes. Remember you need to turn the bag every 5 to 10 minutes. This will guarantee the cannabis is always under the water.
- Take the bag out of the water and place it in a bowl filled with ice water. Doing this will stop the cooking. Let it sit in the bowl for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the cannabis. Simmer for 20 more minutes and stir often.
- Take the saucepan out of the fire and let the mixture cold and steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a shallow container. Put on an airtight lid and refrigerate it. The butter will be well preserved for up to a month.
Proceed With Caution
After the mixture solidifies, you can prepare your favorite recipe using cannabutter for a hearty celebration. Moreover, online you’ll find tons of websites explaining how to make edibles for beginners. However, keep in mind the butter will have about 43 mg of THC per tablespoon based on a 20% THC strain. This amount might be too much for some. Therefore, if a recipe demands too much butter, consider using some regular butter along with Cannabutter.
The health benefits of cannabis are endless. Unfortunately, many people can’t smoke due to lung problems or the smoke and taste it has. Cannabutter is an excellent way of incorporating cannabis into their lives and harnessing all the benefits of the plant. Wait no longer to make your own!