Marijuana or weed is seeing burgeoning demand in the US now that more states are legalizing its use. As a result, there is an increasing interest in marijuana and marijuana products. One of these interests is particularly on how Marijuana tea is made and prepared. If you are interested in knowing more about marijuana tea recipe and how to make marijuana tea, then you are on the right page. Continue reading below for more valuable information on making Marijuana tea.
Cannabis tea is a soothing drink that has been around for millions of years. It is useful for treating symptoms of chronic pain or nausea. Many people also prefer to drink weed-infused tea to prevent getting addicted to smoking marijuana.
Like most cannabis-infused edibles, marijuana tea takes from about half an hour to two hours to take effect. The effects can last for up to eight hours. Of course, the brew potency will depend on the quality of the weed being used and how much marijuana you have used. Low-quality weed or too little marijuana in the tea will not have much effect. Too much marijuana in the brew could have disastrous results.
It is suggested that you brew and consume this tea in a quiet place, just in case of any adverse effects. You do not want the people around you to be shocked by any sudden strange behavior on your part! The effects of the tea will also depend on your endocannabinoid system and health.
It is also suggested that you start slow and in moderation. Do not consume too much tea in large quantities, as that is a recipe for disaster. Consume small amounts initially. See the effects it has on you. Then you could adjust the amount of marijuana used or the quantity of tea consumed.
The nice thing about Marijuana tea is that it is easy to prepare. However, a critical component of it is marijuana butter or marijuana oil. The butter or oil must bind the cannabinoids in the marijuana to distribute it properly in the brew.
If you are not familiar with what Marijuana butter or oils are, do not worry. We will be discussing them further in the recipes below:
Simple Marijuana Tea Recipe
This is a straightforward recipe to make marijuana-infused tea.
- 1 gram of marijuana
- One tea bag or 1½ teaspoon of loose tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 4 cups water
- Honey, cinnamon, or any other ingredients to enhance the taste
- Roughly grind the cannabis.
- Put the water to boil in a saucepan or appropriate container.
- Once the water boils, add the butter or oil to the boiling water and let it dissolve completely.
- Add the cannabis and the teabag/tea leaves and let it boil for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and strain/filter the weed-infused tea into a cup or mug.
- Add whatever you want: sugar, honey, lemon, cinnamon, and milk to taste and enjoy the tea. You can add sugar/honey/cinnamon and lemon to cut the weed taste, but the choice is yours.
Infused Marijuana Tea Recipe
This recipe uses cannabis-infused butter or weed-infused coconut oil. You can either buy these products from a specialty store, or you can make them yourself. We have provided the recipe below.
- 1 teaspoon of cannabis butter or cannabis oil
- 1 tea bag or loose tea leaves
- Sugar, honey, cinnamon, lemon, or milk to taste
- Put the cannabis butter/cannabis oil in a mug
- Add the tea bag or the tea leaves in an infuser.
- Pour boiling water into the mug and stir till the butter/oil has completely dissolved.
- Remove the infuser or tea bag.
- Add sugar, honey, cinnamon, lemon, or milk to taste and enjoy the tea.
Marijuana Butter Recipe
Marijuana-infused butter or oil is not that difficult to make. You can make your own at home. It does take a bit of time, but it is worth the effort.
- ½ ounce marijuana
- 8 ounces melted butter, clarified butter, or coconut oil
- 1½ cup water
This is a two-step process. The first step is to decarboxylate the marijuana. This process just activates the weed and helps it to infuse better into the butter or oil. It may sound like a big word, but ‘decarbing’ the weed is not a complex process.
Decarboxylation of the weed:
- Preheat the oven to 220°F.
- Lightly crush the weed using your hands or a hand grinder.
- Spread the crushed weed on a baking tray and put it in the oven.
- Bake it for 20 minutes to an hour. The time in the oven will depend on the quality of the weed. You need to ensure that it does not get burnt. Frequently stir the weed and check on it. It is ready when it changes to greenish-brown.
- Now you are ready to use the decarboxylated weed.
Cannabis Butter/Oil Infusion
- In a medium saucepan, add the water and butter/oil. Make sure to put it on very low heat to avoid burning the butter or oil.
- When the butter has melted, add the decarboxylation cannabis. Stir with a wooden ladle and cover the saucepan.
- Keep it simmering for about 4 hours. Keep stirring every little while to check the butter is not burning. The temperature should not go beyond 180°F.
- After 4 hours, strain the mixture through cheesecloth into a container. Let it cool down to room temperature. The butter can be stored in the fridge or freezer for up to 6 months.
As an aside, try the butter on toast for a lovely high!
Make sure you label the container with the cannabis butter not to use it by mistake by somebody. If somebody eats the butter without knowing the effects, it could lead to some unpleasant scenes.