Almost everybody loves desserts, and a cannabis cake is even better for those who love cannabis edibles. In fact, did you know they sell marijuana cakes called ‘space cakes’ that give you a high in Amsterdam? However, for those who can’t go to Amsterdam, making their own cannabis cakes at home is the way to go. Would you like to learn how to make cannabis cake at home? Get set to make some yummy treats that make you feel good.
Cannabis cakes are so delicious that you may be tempted to gobble a hefty slice. It’s one of the more popular cannabis edibles that have become a go-to for a deliciously good time with Marijuana. However, we suggest that you eat just one piece at a time.
After this, wait for at least half an hour to ninety minutes for the cake to take effect. The effect of the cake can last for about eight hours. If you get greedy and gobble up a big piece or many slices, you could be in for trouble. So, beware!
Of course, the effects of a slice of cake may vary from person to person based on how their body can handle the cannabinoids.
The amount of cannabis mixed into the cake and the weed’s quality in the recipe also determine its effect on you. We suggest you stick to the quantities of weed indicated in the recipes.
We also suggest that you keep the cake away from unsuspecting adults and children. Not understanding what is in the cake and indiscriminately eating it could have disastrous outcomes. You have been warned!
The recipes use cannabutter. This is butter infused with cannabis. It is available in stores that stock marijuana products. However, you can even make the cannabutter at home. It is pretty easy enough to make.
Cannabis Cake Recipe 1
This one is a birthday cake! Who can pass up this offering?
For the Cake
1 ¾ cups flour (you could use all-purpose flour, cake flour, or any gluten-free flour)
2 tsp of baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup milk
½ tablespoon vanilla
½ cup butter (room temperature)
¾ cups sugar
4 egg whites
⅛ tsp cream of tartar (for egg-white mixture)
⅙ cup sugar (for the egg white mixture)
Rainbow sprinkles (optional)
For the Frosting
5 cups powdered sugar, sifted
⅝ cup room butter (room temperature)
1 tbsp cannabis butter (room temperature)
½ cup milk
Rainbow sprinkles (for decoration, optional)
1. Line a baking tin with parchment paper. Use some cooking spray and dust the tin with flour.
2. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder.
4. In a measuring glass, mix the milk and the vanilla.
5. Beat the butter and sugar until they are light and fluffy.
6. Alternating between the flour mixture and the milk mixture, add them slowly to the butter and sugar mixture at low speed.
7. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites and cream of tartar. Keep whisking till you get peaks forming. Then add sugar and continue beating until you have stiff, shiny peaks.
8. Gently fold a part of the egg-white mixture into the cake batter until it is smooth. Then gently add the remaining egg-white mixture and fold it in. It would be best if you got a smooth batter.
9. Add the sprinkles if you want. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and allow it to bake until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean. This should be about 25-30 minutes.
10. Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool. Then carefully remove the cake from the tin. Let it cool on a wire rack for some more time.
1. In a mixer bowl, beat together powdered sugar, butter, and cannabis butter until smooth.
2. Slowly add the milk, and beat until smooth.
Decorating the Cake
1. Trim the top of the cake. Now cut the cakes in half horizontally along the middle into 2 even slices.
2. Put one piece on the cake stand, then spread some icing or jam on the top of this piece. Put the next piece of the cake on top of the first piece to form a sandwich layer
3. Slather the icing/frosting around the sides and top of the cake. Then cover the icing with rainbow sprinkles or any other decoration to make the cake look good.
How to Serve
The cake is ready to eat! Enjoy! However, we suggest eating just a slice. The effects of the cannabis will only be felt after 30 to 90 minutes.
Cannabis Cake Recipe 2
Here is a recipe for a delicious cannabis-infused chocolate cake. Yummy!
- 1 ¾ cups flour (use all-purpose flour, you can also use gluten-free flour)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown or demerara sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup cannabis butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried fruits
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 180°F.
2. Melt your cannabis butter by heating gently.
3. If you are making the chocolate cake, put the chocolate chips in a bowl to soften them with gentle heat.
4. When the chocolate melts, add the other ingredients to the bowl and mix them. First, combine the sugar and eggs. Keep mixing till the mixture is fluffy. Then add milk and mix.
5. Add salt and then gradually add the flour. Stir the mixture till you get a smooth dough.
6. Add the melted cannabis butter and dried fruits. Finally, add the melted chocolate and mix.
7. Line a baking tin with parchment paper. Spray it with cooking spray and dust the tin lightly with flour. Pour the mixture into the baking tin, making sure to spread it evenly.
8. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Check to see if a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean. If not, bake a little more.
9. Keep the cake to cool in the baking tin. Then take the cake out of the container and let it cool on a wire rack.
10. You could cut the cake into two halves to create layers. Put some cream or jam in the middle and then frost the cake the way you want to. Or you could cover the cake with fondant or any other form of icing and decorate it.
How to Serve
Like before, eat just a slice of the cake and wait for it to take effect. Do not eat more than one piece at a time.
These are just some of the marijuana cake recipes you can make at home. They’re easy enough to make and not only are they delicious but they also give you a relaxing effect that enhances the experience. Just make sure to pace yourself and to keep it away from children and unsuspecting adults. Other than that, enjoy!